NOTE TO SELF: Do not undertake anything like this ever again. There’s a reason I don’t partake in any sports pools at work – they’re tedious. Creating and maintaining something similar is no less time-consuming.
That having been said, it’s been interesting and it’s been fun. There have been definite upsets; there have been close calls. Some rankings I got right (the Round Outs battle is between the first and second seeds); some I blew completely (or the Wild Cards lived up to their unexpected expectations). I might have had different (and more varied) outcomes in my mind, but I can’t wait to create the ultimate Final Foursome’s group shot when this is over.
Remember to vote as much as you’d like… and tell your friends!
(Click to check out Round 1, Round 2, and Round 3…)
THE HEAD HONCHO (Round 3 Results)
- Peter Venkman (#4) defeats John Lennon (#1), 8 (TOTAL VOTES: 72) – 6 (TOTAL VOTES: 56)
- Stan Marsh (#7) defeats Davy Jones (#14), 10 (TOTAL VOTES: 47) – 3 (TOTAL VOTES: 40)
(The rest are after the jump)
THE SECOND BANANA (Round 3 Results)
- Raphael (#2) defeats Templeton “Faceman” Peck (#3), 6 (TOTAL VOTES: 39) – 5 (TOTAL VOTES: 30)
- Ray Stantz (#8) defeats Samantha Jones (#5), 9 (TOTAL VOTES: 58) – 3 (TOTAL VOTES: 28)
THE ROUND OUT (Round 3 Results)
- Eric Cartman (#1) defeats Princess Toadstool (#5), 13 (TOTAL VOTES: 58) – 2 (TOTAL VOTES: 21)
- B.A. Baracus (#2) defeats George Harrison (#3), 13 (TOTAL VOTES: 39) =3 (TOTAL VOTES: 34)
THE WILD CARD (Round 3 Results)
This round put me in a predicament. One match-up ended in a tie, so I went by total votes. But the other match-up offered a legitimate win, but the total votes didn’t quite add up like all the others. Oh well.
- Toad (#10) ties The Human Torch (#6), 8-8 in Round 3’s vote, and wins in TOTAL VOTES 41-26
- Michelangelo (#8) defeats *sniff* Charlie Day (#5), 14 (TOTAL VOTES: 42) – 4 (TOTAL VOTES: 43)
how the hell did the TMNT beat so many people. weird.
It’s two Ghostbusters, two South Park kids, and two Turtles!