The Round Outs bracket had a few surprises, and a couple of blow-outs. Plus, it allowed some foursomes to be represented for the first time, and it marked the third winner in a row for some groups.
THE ROUND OUTS (Round 1 Results)
– Eric Cartman (#1) continues South Park’s success at making it to Round 2. He defeated Laa-Laa easily (at the time of this posting), 29-1.
– B.A. Baracus (#2) wiped out Stephen Baldwin (#15), 16-3, making him the second A-Team member in Round 2.
– Much like the kids from South Park, the kids from Liverpool are cleaning up. George Harrison (#3) used Peter Tork (#14) like a mop, 19-1.
– Donatello (#4) became the second Ninja Turtle in Round 2, knocking out the Tin Man (#13), 11-5.
– Princess Toadstool (#5) was the only character I used to defeat Super Mario Bros. 2 (because she floated). Alas, she sunk Johnny “Drama” Chase (#12), one of the Chase Bros. if you will, 12-4.
– The American Idol judges finally have someone on the board! Kara DioGuardi (#11) upsets Elaine Benes (#6), 22-9.
– The same thing goes for my favorite show on television right now! Deandra “Sweet Dee” Reynolds (#10) makes It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia ring true. She defeats Sex and the City’s Charlotte York (#7) barely at 10-8.
– Another bracket champ so far! Egon Spengler (#8) makes it three Ghostbusters still hanging in there. He defeats The Thing (#9), 15-5. Things aren’t looking too fantastic for the Marvel heroes.
Now let’s move onto Round 2!
(more after the jump)