Just some things I’ve been thinking about the last 24 hours:
- At the bar last night, someone left a faucet running. It filled the sink and started flooding the floor. I turned it off and alerted the waitstaff. The waitress’ response, “Not again.” This made me wonder: Are we so used to automatic water faucets that we don’t remember how to use the old ones?
- I get an occasional twitch in my left thigh where my cell phone usually hangs around. Should I change the pocket I carry my cell phone in?
- I used to be pretty good at math, and I’ve always loved board games. People used to tell me I should have went into statistics, but I thought that would have been boring. Maybe I should have invented some new kind of puzzle game.
- Brit pop star Lily Allen has a new CD out. Kevin Smith’s latest movie just came out on DVD. While I was at Target, I looked at the back of Lily’s CD and saw that she had a song called “Fuck You,” clear as day on the back. Yet, Zack and Miri couldn’t have Make a Porno on it. So a “Fuck You” on your back is better than a “Porno” on your front?
- This song I heard on the radio last night as I was driving home reminded me of discovering new music in my college years:
- Nick and Norah’s Infinite Playlist would have been better if Nick and Norah’s heads were in proportion to each other. I’m not sure if Michael Cera’s head is too small or Kat Dennings’ chest head is too big. (I’m thinking the prior.)