We arrived late by my standards (courtesy of the snow and collected company), but it’s primarily an afterhours spot, so to the regulars, we were probably early. Since it was midnight, I could have either pounded as many bottles as possible, or keep my mind clear for people watching. Speaking of clear…
- Upon arrival, I thought “I’ll keep my mind clear,” and I saw a dude in a clear shirt. Then a grand woman passed by that put the BOOST in bustier, and I thought, “Biiiig.” Then a woman no taller than 4′ followed her, and I thought, “Smaaaall.”
- On the telly above the bar, this scene from “Superbad” was playing. Notice the wound on McLovin’s cheek at the end… is it CGI? It sure looks like it was digitally added, and I never noticed until last night:
- A woman sat on a dude’s lap in the corner, straddling and facing him. There was no movement, per sé, but I wondered if they were doing the deed. I brought this up to another friend, Lisa, and she suspected the same. It wasn’t until moments later that I saw them both smoking side-by-side that my suspicions were confirmed.
- The electric chandelier above us had energy-efficient coiled black light bulbs:
- There was a dude that looked like an elf, and a dude/dudette (?) that looked like an anime character, amongst many other things. I pondered what percentage of people here partook in the Renaissance Festival (nice alliteration… at least the first part). Since two people in our group of eleven had, it was fare to assume they weren’t alone.
- I wasn’t surprised to find out that I knew some of the music (Ministry, Depeche Mode). I was surprised to smell fabric softener coming off someone’s black hoodie with the anarchy logo on it:
- I learned that my brain may be wired like that of a moth, as my eyes were wont to follow any bright light in the form of glow sticks, light up yoyos, and a shirt like this (the sound bars actually moved):
- Finally, my nerdery outstepped itself by conjuring up reference to an obscure “Star Wars” character no one in my group knew, as there was a guy who looked exactly like this, save the green pigmentation… and his hair was in a bun:
(Sorry BillyGoatBluff, but it was another sober night.)