This could have just as easily fallen under a Musical Musing post, but the obscure cross-section of music I’ve heard while in Prague honestly makes me say, Hibbidy-Wah?!
Some of these took a fair amount of research to uncover. Some… I quite readily knew. Hey! Howzabout we have a So, Duh! Pop Quiz Pop Quiz. See if you can guess which artists I knew, and which ones I didn’t. Those answers will be after the jump.
1) Mike + the Mechanics’ All I Need Is a Miracle (amazingly, we heard this more than once)
2) The Climax Blues Band’s I Love You (I was going to look for a better video, then I realized this could not be topped)
3) Air Supply’s Sweet Dreams (I was wrong… the above video could be topped)
4) Genesis’ Man on the Corner (what a creepy song, eh?)
5) Bryan Adams’ Straight From the Heart (this is a video masterpiece… not only does it represent the Czech’s affection for How I Met Your Mother, but also how important apostrophes are)
(Did you guess if I guessed right? Did you care?)
- Yes, I knew who
- No, I didn’t
- I did, but then I thought I was wrong, but I was right
- Yes, in the sense I knew it was Phil Collins at least
- Of course, yes