I might have had a million dollar idea In My Brain While Sleeping. Consider this posting my poor man’s copyright.
In this dream, I happened to be in the toy section of a department store (surprise), and on one of the end caps I saw new candy display.
Bright blue bags of what appeared to be M&M’s filled the pegs, but they were called something different:It was a new candy/trading card-type game, like Pokemon or Yu-Gi-Oh! Basically, it was played like so…
- Kids would buy a package (or more) of em-em-oh’s!
- They’d face off against each other by opening their packs.
- Upon discovering what character they had, they would battle their friends using the different colored M&M’s found inside as points.
- As you lost points, you’d eat your candies.
- Last one with candy left wins!
- Each candy would have its own attribute:
- Blue candies = amount of magic
- Red candies = amount of life
- Yellow candies = amount of money
- Orange candies = amount of friend points
- Brown candies = amount of land
The good guys would be called fren-em-em’s, while the bad guys would be called en-em-em’s.
The entire concept would be a branching out against of the proconceived notions about M&M’s, much like how Bionicle expanded Lego’s brand.
And they game would be replayable! You’d send in wrappers to get actual trading cards, and there would even be chasers – those rare wrappers with exclusive characters.
Once kids have the first series, others would follow. When new battles were waged, players would grab random handfuls of M&M’s, so future sales would remain stable, and possibly increase.
The only setback I see is parents of fat kids blaming em-em-oh’s! for their children’s woes.
My response to that: at least they’re playing with their food before eating.
DREAM INGREDIENTS: I was probably eating Reese’s Pieces before falling asleep.