Come on. It’s inevitable. We’re reaching the bottom of the fish barrel (in which we like to shoot) when it comes to properties from the 80’s (and earlier). With The A-Team hitting the big screen this summer, there aren’t too many shows left to adapt.
So what about the 90’s? They happened like ten years ago, right?
I know television has tried several reboots of 90’s shows (namely 90210 and Melrose Place), and a few programs have made the leap to film (The Simpsons, South Park, Strangers With Candy, The X-Files, Sex and the City… you know, all cartoons). But there are plenty of hits that scream big screen, and today, I’m going to focus on casting one of them:
Home Improvement: The Movie
- Tim Taylor – Although Tim Allen isn’t doing much else these days (besides directing Crazy on the Outside and voicing Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story 3), this is a reboot of a franchise after all, so who do you go with? Mr. Reboot incarnate, Chris Pine.
- Jill Taylor – If you’ve ever watched Attack of the Show on G4, Ms. Olivia Munn has proven time and time again that she’s one tough cookie, just like Jill Taylor.
- Brad, Randy, and Mark Taylor – Who else but the Jonas Brothers? If Zack & Cody only had another brother…
- Al Borland – Fresh in my mind courtesy of his performance as a CTU agent in 24, Freddie Prinze, Jr. would make a great sidekick. Just like he does with Sarah Michelle Gellar Jack Bauer.
- Lisa / Heidi (Tool Time Girl) – Rosie Jones. Google Image Search her. You’ll understand.
- Wilson Wilson, Jr. – The notoriously hidden Tiger Woods would be great as the vessel of sagely advice. Plus, he’d introduce diversity into a show that supposedly took place in Detroit.
BONUS: Preview for Roland Emmerich’s Full House