JusWondering… Casting The Home Improvement Movie
Come on. It’s inevitable. We’re reaching the bottom of the fish barrel (in which we like to shoot) when it comes to properties from the 80’s (and earlier). With The A-Team hitting the big screen this summer, there aren’t too many shows left to adapt.
So what about the 90’s? They happened like ten years ago, right?
I know television has tried several reboots of 90’s shows (namely 90210 and Melrose Place), and a few programs have made the leap to film (The Simpsons, South Park, Strangers With Candy, The X-Files, Sex and the City… you know, all cartoons). But there are plenty of hits that scream big screen, and today, I’m going to focus on casting one of them:
Home Improvement: The Movie
- Tim Taylor – Although Tim Allen isn’t doing much else these days (besides directing Crazy on the Outside and voicing Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story 3), this is a reboot of a franchise after all, so who do you go with? Mr. Reboot incarnate, Chris Pine.
- Jill Taylor – If you’ve ever watched Attack of the Show on G4, Ms. Olivia Munn has proven time and time again that she’s one tough cookie, just like Jill Taylor.
- Brad, Randy, and Mark Taylor – Who else but the Jonas Brothers? If Zack & Cody only had another brother…
- Al Borland – Fresh in my mind courtesy of his performance as a CTU agent in 24, Freddie Prinze, Jr. would make a great sidekick. Just like he does with Sarah Michelle Gellar Jack Bauer.
- Lisa / Heidi (Tool Time Girl) – Rosie Jones. Google Image Search her. You’ll understand.
- Wilson Wilson, Jr. – The notoriously hidden Tiger Woods would be great as the vessel of sagely advice. Plus, he’d introduce diversity into a show that supposedly took place in Detroit.
BONUS: Preview for Roland Emmerich’s Full House