As I set out to make this short list of songs that reference video game systems (in other words, A Handful Of), I realized that rap music is not one of my strong suits. So I would have included Notorious BIG’s Juicy if I was familiar with the song. But I’m not; so I won’t… even though it included references to Super Nintendo and Sega Genesis. I don’t have any songs that reference those systems, but I have my standards. So onto the list:
- Cee Lo Green’s Fuck You (XBOX, Atari)
- Another Bad Creation’s Iesha (Nintendo)
- B.O.B. and Bruno Mars’ Nothing on You (Nintendo 64)
- American Hi-Fi’s Flavor of the Weak (Nintendo)
- Eminem and Rihanna’s Love the Way You Lie (ugh, Nintendo again)
- Notorious B.I.G.’s Juicy (Super Nintendo, Sega Genesis)
I had to include it. Standards, schmandards.
This is important work you’re doing here.
Keep it up.
I am trying my best. Sometimes.