You may not know the names Doug Hutchison and Courtney Stoddard, but if you watch celebrity gossip shows, you know their faces:
Yes, this is the happily wedded couple consisting of the 51-year-old Actor! and the 16- or 17-year-old Country Singer(?)! Many uproarious reports have been filed and fed to the public, but I’m here to *ahem* defend them.
Why have I waited so long? Basically, the bottom of the barrel has been scraped away, and they are what’s left.
To begin, I’m not going to get into any of the age junk; I’m more interested in the weirdness factor. That’s the only thing I can defend. They’re getting their own reality show, and it begs the question – is this what they’re all about?
Let’s examine other trainwrecks that have had their own reality shows:
- A girl who was peed on by a famous singer’s brother in a sex tape (or not) – and her family!
- The girl who (ironically) robbed Lindsay Lohan
- Hicks that got thrust into superstardom (Britney, Jessica… Sarah)
- Former musicians in ironic scenarios (Gene Simmons Family Jewels and Tommy Lee Goes to College)
- Washed up, problem laden former entertainers (Bonaduce, Dice Clay, and Bobby with Whitney)
- Possibly illiterate, alliterated celebs (Flavor Flav and Tila Tequila)