Jay Leno is coming to Detroit as a part of his comedy stimulus plan, and even though city council person, Martha Reeves(of Martha and the Vandellas), doesn’t like the fact that he’s coming to the Palace of Auburn Hills, I have some alternatives to his idea.
1) This. Parade. Rocks. It’s exactly the kind of pick-me-up the ailing city of Detroit could use. Do you hear that ninjas? Come to Detroit!
2) If that doesn’t happen, then we could always use a Carl’s Brother Dave Jr. restaurant. We just started getting Sonic restaurants here, and it’s been bowlofmilkriffic!
3) I never thought I’d ever be saying this, but bring the comedic stylings of Ricky Gervais and Elmo to Detroit! They are a genius duo unmatched by any!
It’s that time again (a whole four days later), when Paul, my current boss and for-some-reason friend, blackmails me into posting top five lists for him. It’s punishment because I blog on the job. So here it goes:
Paul’s Top Five Pet Peeves @ Work [Ed. – @ instead of “at”… y’know, since we’re an IT firm]
1) People that don’t wash their hands after using the public restroom [Ed. – As opposed to the private restroom?]
2) Habitual misspelling and improper capitalization [Ed. – Friend/coworker Chris is natorius for This]
3) Firms with partners names in them [Ed. – Plenty of law firms with plenty of egos in our building]
4) People that choose the middle of three stalls when the end ones are empty [Ed. – Guess where Paul tends to be when we need him… it’s not the center stall]
5) People that use the elevator to go up or down one floor [Ed. – Hey sometimes after a night of basketball and soccer, a person gets tired.]