It’s about that time for another list from my boss, and long time on-again, off-again friend, Paul. How do I know it’s time? Because he told me so.
Top 5 80’s Toy Commercial Songs (Non-TV Show)
5) Madballs – Freaky fun for everyone. I had one or two of these. [I had the mummy one. I also collected the comics. Why they had a comic is beyond me. Why I collected them is even farther out. – Ed.]
4) Toys R Us– Just like the song said… I didn’t want to grow up, either. Some people, like this blog’s owner, never have. [Damn skippy. – Ed.]
3) Skip It – A shoddy toy, but a cool song. [The counter on the ball is analog. Totally worth watching the vid simply for that. – Ed.]
2) Lego – Like Zack, we were all Lego Maniacs back in the 80’s. [Since I’ve never grown up, I’m still a Lego Maniac. – Ed.]
1) My Buddy – My brother, Bert, had one. Not sure what happened to it. Not a big fan of the toy, but the song is so catchy that I find myself singing it to my two year old son, Logan. I call him “my buddy.” Pause for the awwwws. [My eyes are still rolling which makes it tough to type. – Ed.]
Okay, for the real one, click here.