To post this picture first might give away the punchline, but here we go anywiggums:
I’ve dreamed in cartoon only once before (and also in comic strip), but now I’m able to add another to the short list.
Somehow, I knew this episode of The Simpsons came from five years from now, when the show would be in something like its 30th season. Clearly out of ideas, the yellow family revamped itself in this way:
- In the opening of the episode, it is revealed that Bart won a contest to be home plate umpire in a major league game.
- For the last call of the game, he calls an outside pitch a strike, and the fans storm the field and trample him, in effect, killing him.
- Upon further review of the call, it’s revealed at Bart’s wake that he was 100% correct.
- Despondent, the Simpsons seek out and adopt a baby from Africa that looks a lot like Hermes from Futurama (even though he’s Jamaican).
- Also, Milhouse moves into their home, since he too is riddled with grief.
- Every joke that’s attempted throughout the episode falls flat, and a beat following every punchline, Milhouse sobs over what the show has become…
…just like all the old fans.