This little list occurred to me while I was drinking at lunch, and the video for Paul Simon’s You Can Call Me Al came on the telly.
It simultaneously made me think about other videos in which Actors! pretended to sing Artists! songs, and it made me happy that Chevy Chase is working again (Alison Brie and Community returns to NBC this fall). Here are the ones I could think of.
Oh, and by the way… you can call me, Allison Brie!
- Paul Simon’s You Can Call Me Al (featuring Chevy Chase)
- Elton John’s I Want Love (featuring pre-Iron Man Robert Downey, Jr.)
- Elton John’s This Train Don’t Stop There Anymore (featuring Justin Timberlake)
- George Michael’s Freedom ’90 (featuring Linda Evangelista, Christy Turlington, Naomi Campbell, pre-Pepsi commercial Cindy Crawford, Tatjana Patitz, and three male models I don’t care to mention… interestingly enough, this was directed by Fight Club helmer, David Fincher)
- Fiona Apple’s Not About Love (featuring pre-everything Zach Galifianakis)
- Milli Vanilli’s Blame It On the Rain (featuring Milli Vanilli)