Believe me when I say I was going to bore you with the details of my yesterday in comparison with what I expected it to be two days ago. You know that whole random winter Tuesday/Wednesday gag. So instead, I’m only going to bore you with highlights.
I’ll just note that things weren’t too far off from what I predicted as well as not at all the same!
- I started moving at 6:01 am (alarm clock time), which means I ignored one whole minute. Not a good start.
- I ended up having a morning that was beyond snooze happy, and had to cut out some of the morning essentials. I still ate a Pop Tart with organic milk (Brown Sugar Cinnamon won).
- On the road, the only construction I ran into was right by my house. I did get sleepy around Bowling Green, so I stopped at Meijer for a candy bar. (It was a Milky Way bar, since they were out of Reese’s Fast Breaks… I fear this treat’s days are numbered.)
- I quickly gave up the notion of seeing a Denny’s for my free breakfast. I thought they might not exist in Ohio. I did end up getting a free lunch, though (the company’s VP bought me a bar burger from the joint next door).
- Things were going well. I only had to run two network cable lines. There was a slight struggle getting the router and the modem to communicate, but overall, it looked like I was leaving early…
- The Snag. I knew in my gut that there was going to be one, but I figured it would have to do with the wiring or a pc issue. Better yet. The router I went down to Findlay to install was to unite the offices so their printers would work better. This was the reason for the visit. The router I had no longer came with this feature included. In fact, it could no longer even be purchased as an add-on. This meant I had to find a VPN router replacement stat. Unfortunately, the closest store to carry it was in Toledo. Here’s some maps:
- Bonus Potential Snag. The key given to me to get back in since the workers would be gone was the wrong key. Luckily someone was still there. Whew!
- While I was waiting for printer files to install, I did get to work on a post for Old Men at the Bar. The computer seized up on me, and I feared all was lost! Only a little was lost.
- I finally got back on the road home about 7 pm. It was three hours later than I anticipated. On my way back I stopped in Bowling Green to get gas and a Mt. Dew from Meijer. The Dew tasted like it was mixed with some paint thinner, or something, but I was thirsty.
- As I neared the Ohio/Michigan border, I saw a billboard for an upcoming Denny’s. In Toledo.